Wednesday 28 May 2008

Ismaki Sketch No21

I really liked this week's Ismaki sketch...probably because it's nice and simple (thank you Claudia)!!! Anyway, I'm still in this vintage distressed mood so this is what I came up with!

I've used a Sugar Nellie image, a Penny black sentiment which is a favourite of mine; Melissa Frances papers (which I've had forever!!), Fancy Pants pink paper, gorgeous Making Memories vintage trim, a little Daisy D fabric flower and some embellies....I'm pleased with the result...if I had a sewing machine I would've stitched around the edges for the final touch...are you listening santa...? haha

You probably can't tell from the photo...but the sentiment has been stamped onto a piece of linen...it adds a nice texture to the card (especially in real life!!)

I thought I had more of this linen in my wardrobe....I had to move so much stuff to get into the wardrobe that it started a ruthless tidy up of the craft room! I didn't find any more of the same fabric, but I DID find so many other treasures that I'd forgotten about...I found more gorgeous trim, felt and fabric that I "inherited" from my Granny...I showed it to mum today and she told me that she used to buy all these things for Granny at the market...she reckons some of the things could be up to 40 years old! bx

12 comments:

Katharina Frei said...

A terrific card B! I love the distressed look and the Sugar Nellie. She is one of my favourites :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card with lovely stamp ! Great work !

Anonymous said...

very wonderful card

Nancy said...

Eine schöne Karte!!

Natalie said...

This is really lovely. x

Anonymous said...

Ho ho ho wee B, I'll see what I can do. Santa C x

Chatdoro said...

superbe carte bravo bises chatdoro

Deb said...

gorgeous card, love the torn edges and the linen, fabulous idea

CraftyC said...

Love the vinatage element to the card, Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Clairexx

Ila said...

Oh Lovely!! I love the vintage look and your card is perfect!..Love the stamp and coloring too!!

Anonymous said...

very cute card !

Anonymous said...

Très jolie carte et j'aime bcp le papier déchiré. BravO