Thursday 8 May 2008

Forever Friends....

Something a little different...but still oh-so cute!! This is Edwin and his dog (sorry, don't know his name!!)....theses images were kindly sent to me by Debbie in my fabulous PIF! Love these little characters...think i'll add them to my list!!

I've coloured them in using a mish-mash!! I'm really loving the distress inks as a colouring medium (look here for fabulous tutorial) - so I've used them for the doggie; parts of Edwin are coloured with the distress inks also, but I needed some bright colours for his shirt so I had to dip into my derwent pencils at times!!

I used Nicola's current sketch for the card layout....the papers you see are by Karen Foster, and I simply cut out the wriggly worm and snail from the paper - now they're all friends together!! I added some diamond glaze onto the back of the snail and the dog's nose.

Gosh our summer is here this week! It was soooo hot yesterday, and today is gonna be the same...I hope you all get to enjoy some sunshine today too! bx

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Fab card I'm Glad you liked the images I think they are cute also.

Natalie said...

What a gorgeous card, I love how you cut the bugs from the paper. x

My Paper World said...

Your colouring is beautiful Bernie! and I love those gorgeous funky papers too!
Thanks so much for using the sketch!
Nicola xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, how fab is this card!! so much to look at and totally love it :)

Marlene xx

Deb said...

gorgeous card, they are cute characters aren't they? Love your colouring!