Saturday 31 May 2008

Bright n cheery!

I had a little play with lots of stamps and techniques using these hero arts acetate cards which I've had for ages! I stamped the front of the card with one of the autumn leaves flowers and blazing red stazon ink - came out more magenta-ish on the acetate!

The floral scene is from a judikin's stamp using markers, then I pulled the colours out slightly with my water brush. I cut it to fit this scalloped punch for a nice little border!


I cut a tag shape, and applied versamagic ink using the direct to paper technique; then I randomly stamped another autumn leaves flower with a slightly darker shade; then I used another shade to stamp my penny black butterfly border. Then I stamped my favourite thank you sentiment (by penny black) in black.
I positioned the sentiment so that the main message is not revealed until you open the card, but the "thank you" is visible from the front! I punched a hole in the acetate and threaded through some ribbon.
It's a bit hard to see, but it's actually a very bright n cheery card!
Hubby is going to choose a winner later tonight, so any last minute entries are welcome (up to 8pm GMT)!

10 comments:

CraftyC said...

I found you Bernie, I love your tag, great colouring!!
Clairexx

Deb said...

wow, amazing card, I so love acetate cards but have yet to try one out myself!

Sue said...

Hi Bernie, lovin your work it's fab:-)

Sue
xx

My Paper World said...

Wow! LOVE the colours Bernie! It looks fantastic! xx

Heidi said...

This is so beautiful-love the colors

Hugs from
Heidi

Bev said...

Oooh I likey! This is fab Bernie - the colours are just gorgeous!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

bernie.. what a fabulous project.
the coloring is outstanding and the motif is very nice

hugs
claudia

Leann said...

This is fab ~ gorgeous colours!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful! :)

Ila said...

Fabulous! and so creative...love the colors and the look with acetate!!