Wednesday 26 August 2009

Happy Birthday!

Oh me, oh my...I have had one of the most stressful days in my life...I won't share here, for the sake of your mind and sweet dreams tonight...but, if you like bugs and gory story's email me for more!!

I can't believe I'm only getting around to using this sweetie now...but she is a sweetie isn't is? I've inked her up for The Sugar Bowl's 17th challenge. I've turned this sketch upside down; and yes, I've only added one handmade flower, but any more was too much!
For my handmade flower I used a floral shaped punch on a free "book", inked the edges, added a roughly cut piece of linen (Colin's old shirt!), added a roughly torn piece of paper and topped that off by adding some Rayher pearls!
I coloured my image using Prisma pencils, and stand back in amazement I have used SEI and MAMBI papers...(yep not a MME or Basic Grey in sight!!), I used a Kim Hughes sentiment, and a lovely piece of chocolate lace from Leann - think that's it!
Ok, I'm off to de-stress......it's gonna take a while I can tell ya!! bx

11 comments:

Leann said...

Ooooooh, I kinda wanna know the story, but kinda don't...!

Gorgeous card sweetie - love all your li'l details :)

Hugs x

Maria said...

Wooow sounds like this is gonna be a good story Bernie! Hope you've had a chance to de-stress. Gorgeous card for the Bowl. Love the flower and how you've added a personal touch with the linen. Hugs, Maria

Victoria said...

Sorry to hear you've had a stessful day Bernie! Beautiful card though. This GG imsge is just adorable and I love you handmade flower!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Marte said...

Wow, can you believe I got curious now? I hate bugs, but I would love more of that story ;)

Your card is so nice, got this retro feeling. The colors are cool,and the image is just gorjuss! She looks like a 70's flower child :D Also, I love what you've done with the flower! Nice work!

Hugs, Marte

Lilian said...

Gorgeous work Bernie! Love the pearly flower centers too! Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

Julie said...

Beautifully done, a lovely card

Elaine said...

Gorgeous Gorjuss! :)

Deb said...

Beautiful card Bernie so love the way you made your flower, wonder if hubby will miss one of his shirts?!?!??
So good to hear from you too, thank you so much for your welcome message. Sorry to hear about your stresses, will email for more later today!

hugs Debx

Ila said...

I love your Gorgeous card Bernie...the punched book flower...and your hubby's shirt definetley add to the charm...TFS these Great ideas!!....
Now your day sounds just Awful...the mention of bugs and gory together have me trembling...LOL....Hope today finds you feeling alot better!!...Hugs, Ila

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Bernie, love the papers. Hope your not to stressed today!
Clairex

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Bernie. x