Wednesday 28 April 2010

Crafty Creations - MYO Background Paper!

Already it's time for another challenge at Crafty Creations...Jenn is "challenging" us "to make your own background paper".

The Stamping Boutique are kindly sponsoring this challenge and the DT got to use a selection of their images for this challenge.

As soon as I saw this stiletto I knew I wanted to use it. I used Distress Ink to repeatedly stamp the FAB Tim Holtz image on kraft cardstock. (I left a bit blank at the bottom as I wanted to stamp the "outtie" part of my sentiment there)! I lightly distressed around the edges of the cardstock to antique it a little.

The "inny" of the card reads: "you can never have too many"!

Next I printed the shoe (Stamping Boutique) on Kraft paper, then used my leopard print background stamp (and more distress ink of course) to jazz it a lil!! A few black pearls and that shoe is fit for dancing!!

A few trims and flowers and my card was complete. I LOVe the texture of that green trim...it is UBER soft!!

When I started this challenge I had all sorts running through my head, but I loved how this card turned out....simple but effective!! There are so many other ways to make your own background designs - with stencils, sprintzing inks, bleaching, stamping, embossing - the list is endless....why not break from the norm and try it yourself?!!

Gotta run...I hear the 'phone ringing...it might be Jimmy Choo!! bx
PS Sorry about the unedited photo...I've been trying to load my photo for almost 2 hours!! Naughty blogger!! lol

9 comments:

Maria said...

Great card Bernie! Love the stiletto and the black pearls. Your background paper is fabby and I like how you've combined all thelements so perfectly together. Hugs, Maria

Juls said...

this is so so fabulous!! Love the background paper you have created, such a gorgeous vintagey feel! The shoe is amazing, and the bling on the shoe just perfct! loving it a lot!! Hugs Juls

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Great card, with lovely background paper!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Bernie!! What a fab background with that Tim Holtz stamp!!
smiles,Deena

Deb said...

fabulous card Bernie, love your own background paper, looks amazing, love that stamp you used, I have been admiring it for ages now! have a great day, ask Jimmy if he has any spares to send over here! hugs Debx

Claire Phillips said...

Great shoe - fab detail. Love the backing paper as well! Cheers Claire x

Sharon said...

Great card my friend. Love the stamped backing, kraft is one of my faves atm, & the stilletto is so swish! Am loving the leopard print on the shoe. Leopard print is BIG in our house especially Niamh. Talk soon.
hugs
Sharon xx

Georgia said...

Bernie, great background. I love it!! It's perfect with the shoe.

Anna Fearer said...

I love the shoe!!! This would go with my internet name "more paper then ahoes"