Monday 23 August 2010

Sugar Bowl Challenge 41

I finally got some time this morning to have a play in the "toy" room...and I thought I'd start with The Sugar Bowl challenge...well, the prize is pretty awesome!!

This year is zooming at a furious rate and I need to get lots more christmas cards made so that led me to choose this Diane Duda Penguin stamp. I love the tender expressions these 2 share (awwwww)!

I christened my magnolia swirly doohickey and placed 3 around the image (but if this does not meet the requirements of this sketch thats ok).

I've just realised that this also fits the theme at A Spoon Full of Sugar (Christmas in August) so I'm entering this card there!

Right I'm off back up to the toyroom!! bx

Edit: What I forgot to mention (and you can't even see in the photo) is that I stamped, coloured and cut out a 2nd Mrs Penguin and HALF glued to the first layer, and put 1mm foam pads on the other half so that there is a bit of dimension on the card!

8 comments:

CraftyC said...

Aww, this is so sweet Bernie, love the cute image and wonderful papers!
Clairexx

Leann said...

This is gorgeous Bernie!
Have fun in the toyroom ;D
Hugs x

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Bernie,
This is adorable! Love those cute little penquins!!
Melissa

Sharon said...

So sweet Bernie, love the little image (penguins are my favorite since I saw Happy Feet!! lol) reminds me of you & Colin dancing in the rain pmsl!!
May the best 'mad head' win lol!!!

Sharon xx

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Bernie.
Those little penguins are so sweet, and your colouring is fab.
Yes, the swirls still qualify, and great idea to use instead of the star.
Thank you for joining in the Sugar Bowl Challenge.
Love Elaine xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! love this image and I love the soft colours!! Hugs Juls

Maria said...

This is gorgeous Bernie! Love the layout and all the swirls. Hugs, Maria

Deb said...

stunning card Bernie, love that cute image, such a gorgeous Xmas card, I must get a move on with mine! hugs Debx