Tuesday 8 April 2008

A visual feast....!

My sisters and I bought a little city break trip for my Mum & Dad for christmas; as they like company on a trip we decided to go also - and it's our christmas pressie to each other. It gives you something to look forward to, and after the trip you can treasure your memories - perfect! And today's the day we go...yaaaay!
So I want to share these cards with you before I set off!

The card is using CPS sketch no58 - yep, last week's sketch! Ahem! Anyway, it's using this gorgeous Tilda sent to me by Leonie (thanks Leonie!). I tried hard with my colouring....it's an ongoing struggle! heehee!! The gorgeous papers are K&Co.

This little Tilda was also kindly sent by Leonie! These papers are also from the same paper pack by K&Co - I love them!! This sketch is by Julee (wait for it...) and it's actually 2 weeks old!! I really liked the sketch though and liked how this turned out!

I'm going to enter this for Marte's blog candy challenge - "Make a card for a good friend - with the intention to show them how much they mean to you! Use something that makes you smile!" Why not have a go yourself...if you're not in, you can't win!!!!!!!!

Ok, I know what you're thinking....yes, it's the same patterned papers, but NO! it's not an old challenge, it's current..yaaay!!!!!! This is for Melissa's welcome wednesday challenge, to create a card using decorative scissors, a stamp and a chipboard shape...tick for all three!
Although these cards are all with the same papers they are all so different - love that!
I didn't get time to make this week's cute card thursday (seem to have had a very busy last few days!), but I had my perfect "transport" mode all worked out - I guess I'll make it next week! It'll be in the wrong time frame, but thats nothing new for my cards!!!!
Ok, although no-one got the correct answer to my holiday destination, I'd like to send Debs a little something...she was such a trooper "playing the game" so well! Leonie was geoghraphically the closest - so I'll send her a little something too! I'm going to San Francisco.....I've always wanted to go....I'm sooooo excited!
Just to finish, I didn't say where I'm headed today - have a go at guessing! The first one to answer correctly will get a little crafty surprise from me! You have until I get home on saturday! Have a lovely week everyone! bx

12 comments:

Marte said...

Adorable card! :)

Thank you for playing along, and good luck :)

Deb said...

Thanks Bernie, that is so kind of you, I am just so stubborn, don't like to give up.

I love all your cards and I adore the papers you used, I have some of them but need more!!!

A new game, great.....Paris!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great cards. Love them all! Hope you have a great trip!

Ana Baird said...

They're great Bernie! Have added you to my blog list. Hope you have a good trip.

My Paper World said...

they are gorgeous bernie! and your colouring looks great! Have a lovely time! xx

Tina said...

Great cards. I love those Tilda images.

Natalie said...

Great cards. San Fransisco sounds fab, I would be excited too. We are hoping to go to Florida next year and if we go ahead and book I will be more giddy than the kids. A city break, hmm let me think, have you gone to Rome? Wherever you are hope you are having a great time. x

Leonie said...

Hi Bernie!!

Oh I was thinking about Los Angeles or San Francisco because I'm going to these places in the summer too! Please look around for stampstores and tell me about them!!!
I hope your having a great time and thank you for sending me something, you're so kind!!!

~ Leonie ~

M@risk@ said...

Lovely cards, wonderful colorcombo and nice details.

Leann said...

How gorgeous are these cards??!! Yummy paper :)

Hope you all had a great time wherever you went!

Charlene Austin said...

San Fran!! That is so cool! Enjoy and tell us all about it. I have never been there.

Charity Hassel said...

these cards are so sweet! love the texture and colors! thanks for joining in the cps sketches!