Wednesday 27 February 2008

Been a busy b!


I made this card last night for Kristine's blog candy challenge! I might just make it by the skin of my teeth!!!!
The challenge was to "make a card, LO or project with your favourite stamp at the moment."
I decided to use this stamp as it's my newest - my husband bought it for me for valentine's day - and I love it! I've also used Basic Grey paper (my top favourite paper line, closely followed by My mind's Eye!)
I paper pieced Simon and Lola using BG scraps - aren't their outfits funky?!! I cut out that strip of funky flowers - it wasn't ONE bit fiddly to cut...!! Then I cut a few extra flowers to mount on top of the larger flowers; I put gems in the centre of the mounted flowers - that's it, fresh and funky using all my "favourite things"!!
Be sure to stop by Kristine's blog - she is very creative...not only does she create beautiful cards, she decorates the insides (BOTH sides) AND she "creates" on the back of her cards...all very inspiring!
I've also been busy making St Patty 's Day cards (guess when I'm gonna post them?) and a few special requests - now I've the list cleared I'm going to try and do a challenge or two!
Blog candy: all entries more than welcome - scroll down a little to find the details! bx

8 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi!
You are in the competition!
Lovely card you've made!
Will announce the winner tomorrow morning!
Thanks for playing!

Annie said...

fabby card! they make such a cute couple!

Leonie said...

That's a nice card! Beautiful colors that you've used.I like the stamp so much, I have ordered it by myself but haven't received it yet... The flowers look great too!

Tina said...

Wow, what a great card. The image is just adorable.

Trina said...

Adorable card!! Love the scallops on the side of the image! Great coloring too!

Natalie said...

Great card, the image is so Cute!! x

Sandra said...

I really like this one!
The stamp is very cute and the colours are super.

Dawn♥ said...

Love that you used BG paper and the design ROCKS! Sweet image! :)