Saturday 4 December 2010

Sugar Nellie's "Grand" Competition - Round One!



Have you seen the new "toy" Spellbinders have released.....it's the Grand Calibur!! And it just happens to be the prize that Karen at Sugar Nellie is offering to one lucky winner in her Sassy Competition!!  Wouldn't that look GRAND under your christmas tree...or MINE?!!!  lol

After much debate I decided to crack open my christmas present and ink up a Sassy Gal to enter round one of the competition!  Karen wants to see WOW cards - White on White (she's a hard task master!!).  This is my entry:

I was going to make a "non-card" project but after checking the post again it stated card (I didn't want to take any chances!! lol) so i opted for a tent style card.

I chose the ultra cute Bella Bunting, coloured her with prisma pencils and then cut her out.  I paper pieced the banner with some of my favourite papers - My Mind's Eye of course!!    I cut 3 borders, layered them up and topped them off with some pom-pom trim.  I stitched around the edges a little, mounted my gal on foam squares and gave her centre stage!  Her "stage" is finished off with some sheer ribbon, a white Prima flower, a Creative Memories fuzzy brad, a Melissa Frances sentiment rub-on and 2 Basic Grey pearls to finish - lots of my favourite products on this card!!

Ok, I'll go enter my card now, I've already spotted one or two "crackers" so good luck to all! bx
 

5 comments:

Deb said...

your card is beautiful Bernie, laughing at you sneaking into your christmas pressies early! have a lovely weekend, hugs Debx

Wiccababe said...

gorgous card Bernie, good luck in the competition
Debz
x
must be a day for Debz's leaving comments :)

Juls said...

so so fabulous!!! Love the layers of paper lace, and those adorable pompoms!!!!!! such a sweet image!...wish you all the best for the competition! Hugs Juls

Julye said...

Fab card love all the embellies, good luck in the competition.

Vicky said...

Hi hun this is simply beautiful I love the style & the image is gorgeous this is 1 I dont have....yet lol. Thank you sooo much for your lovely comment on my blog it really did mean a lot. Good luck in the comp hunni. Take care.

Hugs Vicky xx